Stanwix Community Association
Community Centre Buildings
Carlisle CA3 9DJ
Charity Registration No: 1132094
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF BOOKING & USE
- Hirers must be aged 18 years or over and complete an Advance Booking Form, preferably two weeks in advance of the first booking date.
- Smoking is not allowed on the premises and no sub-letting of the property is allowed.
- Gambling is not allowed on the premises, unless special permission of the Association and the necessary licenses obtained. Any costs for licenses etc will be charged to the hirer.
- Consumption of intoxicating liquor on the premises is not allowed, unless special permission is obtained from the Association and all relevant licenses obtained by the Association. Any costs for licenses etc will be charged to the hirer.
- Hirers must be present on the premises for the date(s) the premises has been booked and are responsible for the preservation of good order.
- During your session you are responsible for the security of the premises and facilities.
- You must comply with all Health and Safety regulations in your usage of the premises and facilities and at all times ensure that the number of users remain within the legally permitted limit (50 max).
- The hirer should make themselves aware of the detection and fire alarm system in the Centre. Hirers be must must be aware of the evacuation procedures on the notice board in the centre.
- The hirer should appoint a steward to arrange safe evacuation of everyone in the centre whist in use.
- The steward needs to contact the emergency services if necessary. There is no landline in the Centre so the Steward needs to ensure that they have access to a mobile telephone. There is some fire fighting equipment in the Centre but this should only be used if you are trained and competent to do so.
- Hirers are to ensure that exits are not blocked during the time of hiring.
- Hirers should ensure that sound levels, particularly of music, and all other activities comply with Health Authority Requirements and do not cause a nuisance to residents within the area.
- Hirers shall have use of all the Associations facilities, i.e. kitchen & toilets, electricity and water. Use of other user’s equipment and storage is solely by individual agreement with each individual user.
- Hirers are responsible for clearing away any equipment used and for cleaning up at the end of each session. A vacuum cleaner, is in the bottom of the large cupboard & other cleaning equipment is located in the vicinity of the kitchen. Please be considerate to other users of the facilities.
- Hirers are solely responsible for any damage caused during the session they have booked.
- Any issues surrounding Health & Safety, security or damage to the premises and facilities must be reported to a member of the Association Committee as soon as possible.
- The hirer shall indemnify the Association against all actions, proceedings, claims and demands brought by or made against the Association in respect of any loss, damage or injury sustained by any person, except in so far as it is proved that the Association was negligent.
- Stanwix Community Association reserves the right to review any agreement and terms as and when necessary.
- Children must be supervised at all times. Any organisation involving children must have a Child Protection Policy.
- Failure to comply with any of these conditions may result in the refusal of any future applications.
Download Terms & Conditions PDF