Stanwix: A Carlisle Community Hall
With a Difference
There’s a community hall for hire in Carlisle… in fact there are several, but even now, after a couple of years since the refurbishment, not many people have woken up to the the fact that Stanwix Community Centre is ready and waiting for bookings, just across the river. We’re a small hall, it’s fair to say – but we’re special!
Stanwix Community Association have (not so) recently finished an epic improvement scheme on the Church Street buildings, up in Stanwix and now we want people to enjoy the benefits of all our hard work. Stanwix Community Centre has been refurbished inside and out and is waiting for our community to enjoy it.
The facilities are simple and straight forward:
- Medium sized meeting room approximately 7m X 9m which can be set up with tables and chairs for between 20 and 30 people.
- Tables and chairs: stored unobtrusively in the built in cupboards along the window walls if not required.
- Storage cupboards double as seating with cushion covers to make them comfy.
- Twin accessible toilet cubicles and a cloakroom area.
- For long meetings or celebrations there is a kitchen area where hot or cold food can be prepared.
Availability of the Hall
The hall is available between 7am and 11pm. This makes it ideal for groups who need flexible booking arrangements.
To arrange a booking consult our booking manager.
If the facilities at Stanwix are not suitable for your needs, then please do visit our friends at the other community centres around the city, there are plenty of community halls for hire in Carlisle which we have listed for you on the page just highlighted.